Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Head Is Swimming

Dear Friend...
My head maybe swimming but am I?
Well the answer my dear friend is this...
I wouldn't quite call myself a swimmer...
and there isn't too much chance of me drowning in this pool as the deepest end is 0.9metres...
But I would say I am a sinker so that's why I wade in the "middle size"pool...
I flail, I splash, I have been know to hold my nose and even submerge... but swim...
I really don't think it is officially classified as that...
But there is a very good reason behind why I am becoming a permanent
fixture at the local pool...And no dear friend they don't have a
Johnny Depp look-a-like instructor....I dream...
No I have made an astonishing realization
that by taking my kids too the pool every chance I can get...
They are overjoyed and I take my oh so comfy fold up chair
and my new favorite crochet bag and crochet till my hearts content...
It's a stroke of genius and I really can't believe that I didn't think of it sooner...
So 60 odd Grandma Twinkles and a few Grandma Trees later and the kids are still happy...Yeah...
Now I think by mentioning two little tutorials you may now know why my head is swimming...
So a huge "thank you" and a big "your are so sweet" goes out to all my dear friends...
Including you...

Now I know there is more to tell you and yes dear friend you have been oh so patient with me...
For I should have written much sooner...and I do have a tendency to get side tracked...
So I shall brighten your day and give you a glimpse of what will one day very soon,
be my new laundry...Yes the laundry that I really will love to go too...and why you ask...
Well if you take note of one of the photo's I have enclosed for you and you will see a
very untidy, slightly dusty and a fraction cluttered laundry...
But keep looking closer can you see it now...I know you can! you are so much like me,
you probably saw it the second you took a look...
yes they are the real deal...Concrete wash tubs!!!
Yes this very room was the first room I looked at before I saw any other part of the cottage...
and I fell in love...
I have visions (good ones) of my newly made garland hanging across the room...
I saw vintage washing baskets and rustic stands...I saw...Concrete wash tubs!!!
and that was enough for me...
Now I would love to share more but until the time comes that I have the key in my
hand we will all have to wait...and waiting will be worth it...But I can give you a hint...
Wood stove...hmmmmm...

Now dear friend I did mention in my last letter the need to gush...
and I do so love too...My perfect parcels in the mail were from two lovely friends...
Tif has the most amazing goodness happening in her shop it's hard to pick a favorite...
But I did manage to grad a set of her "everyday unordinary tags" and two sets of her
"every eventuality cards"...one of the sets I will be framing and putting up in my new abode...
Now don't forget her shop update in December...It is sure to be full of "Glee"...

and the other parcel was a most magnificent cushion, that I think is so me.
Helen from Helkatdesigns has amazing designs and gorgeous coloured fabric
and the workmanship is just beautiful...
And looks pretty impressive on my bed I think...I have enclosed a photo for you to see...
Her shop is full of Christmas goodness I find it hard to choose went I take a look...
But I know after you have finished this letter you will have to jump up from
your cozy chair and take a look...

So I shall end my letter this time on a most interesting word...
A word you know and have come to love as much as me...
"Caravans"...
Yes all will be unveiled very soon but it will have to be in another letter...
A letter all about friends, team work and the world of art!!!
Till then dear friend...stay well and cheery and full of imagination...

Regards your friend...Michelle...

Loving The Vintage...

2 comments:

  1. I knew you were a woman after my own heart - I always volunteer to take Princess B to swimming club in the evening - even though it's a bit of a rush and journey after work. It means I get to sit for an hour and a half quietly on my own, with a cup of coffee and my knitting. Unfortunately the chairs aren't comfy, and it is too dark wet and windy to think of being outside at this time of year, but who cares when there's some uninterrupted knitting on hand!

    I love the look of your scullery and those wonderful sinks - they would certainly have clinched it for me!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes quite! I can see the grand potential just waiting for your creative hand. Your head must be a-whirl with all the possibilities that await you. And, as I happen to be a slightly obsessed fan of the caravan, I can't wait to see!
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for "Loving The Vintage" as much as I do...